Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons

Its funny how when you live in a city you take it for granted. The trees, the cobblestones and the restaurants. Yes, the restaurants!

Having lived in Savannah most of my life I have eaten all over. I have my favorites and my go-to places when I don't want to wait or when I'm trying to stay within a budget. If you like Greek you go to the Olympia Cafe. If you like pizza you go to Vinnie Van Go-Go's. If you like southern cooking you go to The Lady and Sons.

So last night I walked the streets of Savannah with my tripod and camera in hand and decided to walk over to Paula Deen's restaurant located at the corner of West Congress and Whitaker. It is an awesome building with beautiful architecture.

I decided to set up my tripod and wait.......and wait......until finally I was presented with a shot clear of people. I snapped 6 or 7 photos before the tourists were all over the scene again and decided I'd have to do with what I got.

I was happy with what I had captured but I realized the cars, buildings and traffic signs took away from this beautiful building so I decided they had to go. After an hour of editing I was happy with the end product and I wanted to share it with you.


I hope everyone enjoys this photo as much as I did creating it. Keep an eye on my blog and I promise to continue sharing photos from around Savannah.

                                                                           Mark

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME shot! She should be selling this print in her gift shop...not sure how you get in over there, but I would definitely try!

    ReplyDelete