Thursday, November 25, 2010

407,000 Died for your freedom

I rolled out of my warm comfy bed this morning and took a long warm shower. Later today I will eat more food than some people eat in an entire week. I will probably drive somewhere today and take pictures with my wife. There is no agenda today, I am free.

I wonder how often we take for granted the freedoms we have and forget how rich we really are as a country. The US military was involved in WWII from the beginning but became an official combatant on December 8th 1941, the day after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Brave men and women fought and died for you and I so we could be free.

So as you sit around and enjoy time with friends and family, be thankful for the brave soldiers that died for your freedom.

If you are visiting Savannah today or any day, take some time out of your busy schedule and visit Savannah's WWII  monument on River Street. People you don't even know died so you could live in freedom.


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Mark Rodocker

No comments:

Post a Comment